Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pie

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  Coincidence?  I think not!  ~Author Unknown



















For some ridiculous reason, amongst one of my trials last year, I felt it was completely necessary to bake the perfect pie. I tried over the course of 3 weeks with different fruits, crusts, and fillers. I tried online recipes and cookbooks. And I just couldn't get it. Over and over. Again and again.


The funny thing is, I don't even really like pie that much, but for some reason I was just so pressed to get it right. What is it about pie, that even if you follow a recipe to a 'T', it still won't work. "Easy as pie." Ha.


Like the pie, I now see that at that time I so desperately just wanted a "recipe" to follow to help heal the conflict and the hurt. I thought a little bit of integrity, with a dash of truth, a cup of grace, and a lot of heart would do the trick but it didn't. When it was all said and done it turned out to be nothing I had longed or hoped for. It was as if someone handed me back a broken pie plate that had fallen on the floor with none of the original ingredients.


So a few weeks ago, I baked a pie....and it came out perfect. I guess all I was missing was a little Godly perspective and time.

1 comment: